Re: [igraph] About the cannoical place for igraph

From: Pierre-Yves Chibon
Subject: Re: [igraph] About the cannoical place for igraph
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 17:02:54 +0100

On Mon, Dec 09, 2013 at 10:15:33AM -0500, Gábor Csárdi wrote:
> Hi Pierre,
>
> my understanding was that you want the C library and the Python
> extension, not the R package. So you want the R package (as well)?
>
> 0.6.5 is the latest version for the C lib and the Python extension
> 0.6.6 is the latest version for the R package, compared to 0.6.6 it
> contains some bug fixes only, see
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/igraph/NEWS
> It was never announced officially on the igraph homepage, because it
> is not a big deal.
>
> I am not sure which file you are trying to compile. For the R package you need
>
> R CMD INSTALL <tarball>
>
> but of course it is better to install it as install.packages("igraph") form R.
>
> The C lib has the usual autoconf procedure:
> ./configure
> make
> make install

Hi Gábor,

You're right, I had actually retrieved the wrong sources. I can now compile the
latest version correctly.

While checking the quality of the RPM produced I ended up with a lot of warnings
mentioning that the FSF address used in the license headers is incorrect, it is
still referring to the old address of the FSF.
It's a boring patch to do but I would nice to have it done. Would you like me to
propose it?

Thanks for your help,

Pierre