Re: [igraph] troubles building igraph-0.6.5 ubuntu 64bit

From: Kent Mein
Subject: Re: [igraph] troubles building igraph-0.6.5 ubuntu 64bit
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 11:11:41 -0600

> Hello Kent,
> On Ubuntu you can use the igraph ppa, to install the 0.6.5 version without
> having to compile it by yourself:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~igraph/+archive/ppa
>
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:igraph/ppa
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get install igraph python-igraph
> Gio

I actually need to compile it because we have multiple versions
of python installed on our machines and I want to install it for a specific
version, which is located in a non standard location.
(/soft/python-2.7 for example)

Tamás, I'm also answering your question in this post as well.
I originally started out passing in --prefix=/soft/python-2.7  but
after getting errors tried it with no arguments as well.

I have custom versions of gcc that are similar to python, however I'm not
building with those and am using the default version in /usr/bin

Thanks,

Kent
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein