[igraph] Using iGraph for correlated abundances

From: Tim Richter-Heitmann
Subject: [igraph] Using iGraph for correlated abundances
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 16:37:40 +0200

Hi there,

i have a very basic question. I want to plot my large abundance data according to simple pairwise x,y pearson and/or spearman correlation. I have used qgraph so far, but it cannot filter for non-significant p-values (it can either display significant observations or correlation strengths, but not both). My question is, can iGraph do that by omitting non significant values at all? I just recently delved into network analysis, from what ive seen on the net, the graph.adjacency is the most common way to do so, and ive seen examples for deleting edges not meeting tresholds, but ive not seen the significancy covered yet. Also fine would be coloring according to cor-strength, label width according to significancy level (or vice versa).
Any example code is very welcome. Thank you very much!

Tim