Re: [igraph] Using iGraph for correlated abundances

From: Tim Richter-Heitmann
Subject: Re: [igraph] Using iGraph for correlated abundances
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 14:33:12 +0200

Hi again!

Thank you for replying that quickly. You helpfully pointed out i could just
manipulate my correlation matrix before i carry out my plotting.
That was very helpful on its own.

Currently, as i have just started with network analysis, i use rather
easy-to-grasp approaches.
iGraph seems to be much more powerful than qGraph, but it seems like i need a
while to get an idea how to get my graphs out. For example:

qgraph(cor(df, method="spearman", use="pairwise.complete.obs"), layout="spring",
minimum=0.4, shape="circle",  label.cex=0.4, vsize=0.4
, groups=list, legend=TRUE, border.width=0.1, color=c25, filetype="pdf",
filename="1", height=80, width=80, legend.cex=5, usePCH=TRUE)

gives me a non-circular, spring-outlaid network of spearman rank correlation
from my input dataframe, in which i could control node sizes/shapes, could
colourize by a vector with group IDs according to my own palette,
and which ignored correlations not meeting my treshold of 0.4.
I need now to translate this into iGraph, which seems very untrivial to do, for
example, i have yet to find out how to control graphical parameters with
graph.adjacency.
But i hope i can get back to you later once i developed some expertise with
iGraph. Thanks again!

Tim

 Message: 2