Re: [igraph] Leading eigenvector for directed graphs

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Leading eigenvector for directed graphs
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 20:44:21 +0200

> Does the Infomap algorithm impleneted in Igraph work for directed networks
> or just ignores edge direction? I need to run on a directed weighted
> network, and I've tried to make it run in C++, but I'm very illiterate in
> this programming language to make it work.
I'm pretty sure that it does _not_ ignore edge directions; I checked
infomap_FlowGraph.cc (which contains the code that converts an igraph graph
into a format suitable for the InfoMap algorithm) and the directed and
undirected cases are handled by different branches of the code.

FWIW, if you are not confident in C++, why don't you try to use igraph from a
higher level language such as R or Python? In both languages, the whole thing
will probably boil down to three commands: 1) load your graph, 2) run InfoMap,
3) evaluate the result. No need to bother with memory management and things
like that.

All the best,
T.