[iiwusynth-devel] iiwu_voice_gen_set for realtime effect control

From: Josh Green
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] iiwu_voice_gen_set for realtime effect control
Date: 21 May 2002 19:27:38 -0600

I did a bit of coding in Swami to lookup iiwusynth voices by specific
sound font item/layer #. The iiwu_voice_gen_set routine doesn't appear
to be working in real time though. I tested it with the Initial FilterFC
generator. Is there some routine that needs to be called in order to
notify iiwusynth that the generator has changed? If so, I don't see it
in the public API. Also, I don't see a way of getting a voice's ID. I do
see the iiwu_synth_get_voicelist routine. Will multiple voices have the
same ID, or is the buffer just for when fetching all voices?

Anyways. Things are going well. I've been fixing lots and lots of bugs
and implementing new things in Swami. I'll let you all know when I
commit it all to CVS. It would be nice to get some other people testing
it. Still some rather critical bugs that I need to track down though.
I'm real excited about the prospect of real time effect control, so I'm
working on modulators now :) Cheers!
        Josh Green

P.S. Peter, what news about the LinuxTag? I've been working a lot to get
Swami to a stable and working condition (not that much to do really,
minus a few features like undo support and the find feature which aren't
all that important for a demo) before the LinuxTag. Are you still
planning on going?