Re: Microsoft Exchange Server

From: Sébastien Kirche
Subject: Re: Microsoft Exchange Server
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 09:56:09 +0100

At 23:17 on Feb 3 2006, Adam Sjøgren said :

> ¹ I think it is possible to turn IMAP on in Microsoft Exchange Server,
> but it is unfortunately not likely that I can persuade the
> administrators to do so.

Yes, Exchange has an IMAP module. I use it to consult my mailbox at
work. I have the chance that the administrator must have turn it on by
mistake :)

Alas, it is buggy (what a surprise !) and it lacks on transmitting
correctly messages in html. They are converted in plain text and you
lost the text properties (bold, color, alignment, etc). You loose also
some exchange-ism features like the messages linked to agenda events and
meetings (you still have the message, with a cryptic mention with a
date+timezone on the top of the text).

Also I did not find a manner to setup server rules with the IMAP
connectivity. I just seen that you can get you contacts list in one of
the mailbox folders, in the form of a message per contact.

The limitations I am talking are not due to Gnus, but to the IMAP
Exchange module, as I have the same with MacOS X Mail.app.
--
Sébastien Kirche