Re: Microsoft Exchange Server

From: Andrew Raines
Subject: Re: Microsoft Exchange Server
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 17:28:50 -0600

Adam Sjøgren wrote:

> On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 09:56:09 +0100, Sébastien wrote:
>
> [... limitations of Microsoft Exchange Server IMAP implementation ...]
>
>> The limitations I am talking are not due to Gnus, but
>> to the IMAP Exchange module, as I have the same with
>> MacOS X Mail.app.
>
> Thanks for the information - it sounds like even if I
> could get IMAP turned on, that wouldn't be
> perfect. Sigh.

I use nnimap with our Exchange system, and it's tolerable.
It's certainly better than using Outlook.  And while
MS-IMAP isn't ideal, it seems to be sufficient for normal
splitting, reading, and expiry.  I throw in the agent and
read offline for speed.

I wouldn't interpret Sébastien's comments as ``Using
Exchange with IMAP will cause you more trouble than it's
worth.''  If you can get the admin to turn it on, I say go
for it.

-Drew