Re: ColorTheme badly functioning in Emacs 22

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: Re: ColorTheme badly functioning in Emacs 22
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:10:14 GMT

Hi,

> I have the same problem.
>
> - color-theme 6.6.0 (from EmacsWiki)

Same version as you. But I don't think version 6.6.0 is the
problem, as I don't have the problem using that same version
under GNU Emacs 21. Only when I'm using GNU Emacs 22, with the
same .emacs file...

... and the same loaded libraries (at least, that's what I
think, but I checked for color-theme, and that's the case:
`locate-library' returns the 6.6.0 directory under both Emacs
versions).

> - GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.4.14) of
> 2006-09-07 on kousik (from CVS)

GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of
2006-01-16 on vernadsky, modified by Debian.

> - Gnus/5.110006 (No Gnus v0.6) (from CVS)

No Gnus v0.4.

> If I move on to "Subject:" line on an article buffer, and do a M-x
> describe-face I get "default".
> But say doing the same on the signature returns "gnus-signature-face".

As I said initially in this post, I've the same problem as
yours, but not at the same place!?

In my case, the describing the face of the Subject line
correctly returns `message-header-subject'. But it fails at
other spots, in the Group buffer for example, where it returns
`default' for all lines... which does not allow me anymore to
see in which groups I've unread mails (as I typically bold those
lines - which does not work in Emacs 22).

Hope these info further help the enlightened community to track
the bug down...

Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban