Storing my .newsrc into IMAP?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Storing my .newsrc into IMAP?
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 14:23:03 -0500

I like IMAP's ability to keep all the info about my email (list of groups,
list of messages I read, list of messages I marked, ...) at a single place,
kept consistent, no matter which computer I use to read my email.

Sadly, this is not the case for news, where each computer has its own
.newsrc file.

Has anyone tried to keep his .newsrc file under Tramp or something
like that?
What about getting Gnus to store my .newsrc in a special folder on the
IMAP server?

        Stefan