Re: gnus-posting-styles confusing

From: आशीष शुक्ल Ashish Shukla
Subject: Re: gnus-posting-styles confusing
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 04:59:09 -0700

Tassilo Horn \/\/|20+3:
> आशीष शुक्ल Ashish Shukla <wahjava@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Can someone post here an example of "gnus-posting-styles" with also an
> > example to show that "gnus-posting-styles" really work.
>
> Sure, here're mine.

> (setq gnus-posting-styles
>       `((".*"
>          (address "thorn+news@fastmail.fm")
>          ("Face" (lambda ()
>                    (let ((file (th-random-file "~/.faces" "\\.jpg")))
>                      (message "Chose %s as Face file." file)
>                      (gnus-face-from-file file))))
>          (signature (fortune-to-signature
>                      (replace-regexp-in-string
>                       "\\.dat$" ""
>                       (th-random-file fortune-dir)))))
>
>         (,(rx "infko.")
>          (address "heimdall@uni-koblenz.de"))
>
>         (,(rx (or (and (opt "de.") (or "comp." "comm.software."))
>                   "gnu."
>                   "nntp+Gmane:"))
>          (address "tassilo@member.fsf.org"))
>
>         (,(rx "gmane.comp.printing.ghostscript.")
>          ;; Posting requires whitelist keyword "artifex" spelled backwards.
>          ("X-Fnord" "xefitra"))
>
>         ("de.alt.music.metal"
>          (signature (th-now-playing)))
>
>         (,(rx "nnimap+Fastmail:INBOX")
>          (address "thorn@fastmail.fm"))
>
>         (,(rx "nnimap+Fastmail:INBOX.news")
>          (address "thorn+news@fastmail.fm"))
>
>         (,(rx "nnimap+Fastmail:INBOX.FSF")
>          (address "tassilo@member.fsf.org"))
>
>         (,(rx "nnimap+Fastmail:INBOX.mailinglists."
>               (or "emms-patches"
>                   "stumpwm-devel"
>                   "bbdb-info"
>                   "sbcl-devel"
>                   "openchrome"))
>          (address "tassilo@member.fsf.org"))
>
>         (,(rx"nnimap+Fastmail:INBOX.mailinglists."
>               (or "d-barf"
>                   "tsdh-fans"
>                   "dtofans"))
>          (address "thorn@fastmail.fm"))
>
>         (,(rx "nnimap+Fastmail:INBOX.uni")
>          (address "heimdall@uni-koblenz.de"))))
>

> > I press 'm' key to compose email messages in Gnus, where "To" field is
> > empty and all other stuff filled in properly. So what I'm interested
> > in knowing is when does "gnus-posting-styles" gets activated, after I
> > press "Send" button, or before I press "m" key.
>
> None of both.  They are used after you press `m' to initialize the mail
> or posting buffer.

Thanks to all for the replies.

When I press "m" in "*Group*" buffer in Gnus, a buffer comes with
following text already filled in

-- begin buffer --
From: wahjava@gmail.com (Ashish Shukla आशीष शुक्ल)
Gcc: nnmaildir:sent-mail
--text follows this line--
<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>
-- end bufer --

Now, I've to fill the recipient's address in "To" field. So now tell
me how comes is "gnus-posting-styles" thing gets invoked, when I've
not filled in "To" field. Did you mean that it gets invoked after I
fill "To" field, hmm.. ? or I've to add some more stuff in my ".gnus",
hmm... ? If required I'll paste my ".gnus" here.

And one more thing I don't have any NNTP subscription, so I don't use
Gnus for reading any newsgroups. I use Gnus only for reading my mails.

> Bye,
> Tassilo
> --
> GNU Emacs is a text editor for Über-Geeks.

Thanks
Ashish Shukla
--
http://wahjava.wordpress.com/