Re: gnus-posting-styles confusing

From: Slackrat
Subject: Re: gnus-posting-styles confusing
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:27:17 +0200

आशीष शुक्ल Ashish Shukla <wahjava@gmail.com> writes:

> Slackrat \/\/|20+3:

>> ...and here's mine - Linux Slack 11 with Gnus 5.11 on Emacs 22.1
>>

>> I can assure you that it works
>>

>> ;; ##################
>> ;; POSTING HEADERS ##
>> ;; ##################
>> ;;
>>
>> ;; Set some default email and news headers
>> (setq message-default-mail-headers
>> "Fcc: ~/Mail/outbox")
>>
>> (setq message-default-news-headers
>> "Fcc: ~/News/sent.news.archive")
>>
>> (setq message-required-mail-headers
>>       (nconc message-required-mail-headers
>>              (list '(Face . (lambda ()
>>                               (gnus-face-from-file
>> "~/.signature/facesmtp.jpg"))))))
>>
>> (setq message-required-news-headers
>>       (nconc message-required-news-headers
>>              (list '(Face . (lambda ()
>>                               (gnus-face-from-file
>> "~/.signature/facenntp.jpg"))))))
>>
>> (setq gnus-posting-styles
>>       '((".*"
>>       (name mail-user-name)
>>       ("X-Guarantee" "This email is certified to have been free
>>              of UCE and any other Malicious, Harmful or
>>              Annoying Content when originally sent by
>>              <user>@azurservers.com - Azurservers post
>>              SPF records and do not condone SPAM type
>>              emails")
>>       (signature-file "~/.signature/bill")
>>       ("X-Homepage" "http://azurservers.com";)
>>       ("X-Operating-System" "Slackware GNU/Linux")
>>       ("X-Azurservers-AuthNo" "Registered as AZSV bghkd8332277")
>>       (organization "Not very much!"))
>>
>> ;; USENET
>> ;;=======
>>
>>       ("rec*"
>>       (signature-file "~/.signature/davey")
>>       (name "Davey Crockett")
>>       (address "dav4Qeycrockett@azurservers.com")
>>       ("Fcc" "~/Mail/sent-rec")
>>          )
>>
>>       ("gnu.emacs*"
>>       (signature-file "~/.signature/slackrat")
>>       (name "Slackrat")
>>       (address "s4Qlackrat@azurservers.com")
>>       ("Fcc" "~/Mail/sent-gnu"))
>>
>> ;; MAILING LISTS
>> ;;==============
>>       ("tlug"
>>       ("To" "tlug@ss.org")
>>       (signature-file "~/.signature/slackrat")
>>       (name "SlackRat")
>>       (address "slackrat4Q@azurservers.com")
>>       ("Fcc" "~/Mail/sent-tlug")
>>          )
>>
>>       ("xitami"
>>       ("To" "Xitami Users General Discussion <xitami@lists.xitami.org>")
>>       (signature-file "~/.signature/slackrat")
>>       (name "SlackRat")
>>       (address "slackrat4Q@azurservers.com")
>>       ("Fcc" "~/Mail/sent-xitami")
>>          )
>>
>> ;; INDIVIDUALS
>> ;;============
>>
>>          ("sublet-nicola"
>>       ("To" "Nicola Nunu <bought@hotmail.it>")
>>       (signature-file "~/.signature/bill")
>>       (name "William E.Henderson")
>>       (address "billhenderson@azurservers.com")
>>       ("Fcc" "~/Mail/sent-sublet-nicola")
>>       ("Bcc" "inconnu@azurservers.com")
>>          )

> [...]

I'm not 100 per cent sure what you want, but hopefully the following
will be of some assistance to you:

The above simply resides in your ".gnus" file in your home directory
to enable you to set the headers correctly when you:

(a) respond to an email or item in a newsgroup

(b) initialize an email or article in a newsgroup

Newsgroups and emails whilst almost identical are treated somewhat
differently.

To respond to an email or a newsgroup article, simply press 'f" to
reply without quoting the original email, or "F" to respond with the
text of the original email quoted in your reply.

To initiate a new newsgroup item, press "a" - for Article

To initiate a new email, press "m" - for Mail

In either instance, if you are in the group buffer with the cursor
positioned over a group for which special header rules apply, the
headers will be completed automatically.

If you invoke "m" or "a" when you are not in a group with special
headers defined, the default or standard headers will be included but
you will have to supply any missing ones manually.

--
SlackRat - No 4Q to Reply
-