Re: Fetching Specific Groups

From: Carl Johnson
Subject: Re: Fetching Specific Groups
Date: 08 Oct 2007 21:51:00 -0700

Volkan YAZICI <volkan.yazici@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to make gnus only fetch mails from groups under some
> specific topic(s) at startup? When I first open gnus, I don't want it
> to keep me waiting while fetching news from RSS groups (and from some
> other groups with relatively low priority). Just want to see local
> mailboxes at startup.

There are a couple things you can do.  If you just want local mail,
then the gnus-no-server should get that.  You can also set groups to
selected priority levels and use the priority level as an argument
when you call it.  For example 'C-u 3 gnus' will only show level 3
and lower (higher priority) groups.
--
Carl Johnson            carlj@peak.org