Re: tracking posts

From: Bob Fry
Subject: Re: tracking posts
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 16:00:39 -0700

Ya gotta love the un*x attitude, text-based tools, and emacs lisp.  3
lines to accomplish what probably no other newsreader could hope to
do.

Sadly a lot of useful posting is now done in individual web-based
"forums". Damn hard to keep track of all these disparate sites.  Ya
gotta hate the micro$oft attitude, gui-based tools, and
point-and-click. Thousands of lines of code to accomplish the most
basic chores.
--
When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a
woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of