Re: how to disable auto-filling and other syntax-completion actions in a

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: how to disable auto-filling and other syntax-completion actions in article editing mode?
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 22:35:42 +0200

On Fri, Oct 26 2007, Randy Yates wrote:

>>>> I think the subject says it all.

No, I don't understand the syntax-completion part.  Please describe
exactly what you mean.  As `M-x gnus-bug RET' says: "Please describe
the bug in annoying, painstaking detail."

WRT auto-fill, `C-h i d m Message RET' (Message manual), `i auto-fill'
leads directly to...

,----[ (info "(message)Various Message Variables") ]
`----

> I guess the development version of gnus pays attention to this while the
> older version did not.

When upgrading you should always read GNUS-NEWS aka...

,----[ (info "(gnus)No Gnus") ]
|    * Changes in Message mode
|
|    [...]
|
|         * `auto-fill-mode' is enabled by default in Message mode.  See
|           `message-fill-column'.  *Note Message Headers:
|           (message)Various Message Variables.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--