Re: nnmairix doesn't find fancy-expired Mails

From: David
Subject: Re: nnmairix doesn't find fancy-expired Mails
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 23:19:08 +0100

Sven Bretfeld <sven.bretfeld@gmx.ch> writes:
>> Try it with
>>
>> mh=inbox-expired/*...
>
> I've tried it already. I even tried mh=*...
>
> Nothing works. But it takes a little longer for mairix to compile the
> database if I put mh=*... into the rc-file. So, I think mairix scans
> all the folders. But it seems that it simply doesn't recognize the
> files in the other folders to be mails.

I tried it today with a similar setup to the one you posted (i.e. fancy
nnml expiry into folders of the form Year/Month) and it works. Could you
try your setup with a minimal .mairixrc like

base=~/Mail
mformat=mh
database=~/.mairixdb
mh=debian-expired/*...
omit=zz_mairix-*

Delete any existing .mairixdb and run mairix on the command line in
verbose mode (-v) and without the -F or -Q option. It should give you a
pretty detailed analysis of what messages are scanned and how many
tokens were found. You can also dump the database afterwards with "-d"
to stdout.

-David