Re: nnmairix doesn't find fancy-expired Mails

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: nnmairix doesn't find fancy-expired Mails
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 15:46:46 +0100

Hi David

David <de_bb@arcor.de> writes:

> base=~/Mail
> mformat=mh
> database=~/.mairixdb
> mh=debian-expired/*...
> omit=zz_mairix-*
>
> Delete any existing .mairixdb and run mairix on the command line in
> verbose mode (-v) and without the -F or -Q option. It should give you a
> pretty detailed analysis of what messages are scanned and how many
> tokens were found. You can also dump the database afterwards with "-d"
> to stdout.

I have done this already. Here is the output.

$ rm ~/.mairixdb
$ mairix -v
Finding all currently existing messages...
Starting new database
0 newly dead messages, 0 messages now dead in total
No new messages found

The .mairixrc looked exactly like the one cited above.

The same with a more exact position of only one mailbox:

base=~/Mail
mformat=mh
database=~/.mairixdb
mh=debian-expired/2007/Nov
omit=zz_mairix-*

Mairix just seems not to recognize the Files in
~/Mail/debian-expired/2007/Nov to be emails.

I have tried swish-e as backend to index mails following the Howto
From http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en/IndexMail. Swish itself
works without problems with all folders.

Thanks for your help.

Greetings

Sven