Re: limiting articles and tagging

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: limiting articles and tagging
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 10:57:26 +0200

David Carlton <carlton@bactrian.org> writes:

> Just what are the consequences of adding a header to
> gnus-extra-headers?  I'm thinking that I could add in another header
> there ("X-Tag", say), write some simple commands to edit messages to
> add/modify the X-Tag: header in the current article, and write some
> wrappers to gnus-summary-limit-to-extra to pick out the articles that
> I want.
>
> Does that sound like it should work?

To me, yes.

You can manually edit a mail and insert the X-Tag header.

You can write a function that does it for you quickly.  This is
especially useful if you only use three or four tags.

You can also set such a header via procmail.
See for example this rule:

,----
| :0 fwh
| * B ?? (David Carlton)
| | formail -I "X-found-keyword: David"
`----

Then use `gnus-summary-limit-to-headers' to limit the summary to article
with your X-Tag header matching the right keyword.

--
Bastien