Re: Last messages are at the very bottom

From: Merciadri Luca
Subject: Re: Last messages are at the very bottom
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 12:40:30 +0200

> So give an example of what you expected, and what you got instead¹.

Thanks.

> If I evaluate your gnus-thread-sort-functions and get them again, I get
> this:
>
>   OA [  25: Merciadri Luca         ] Last messages are at the very bottom
>   O +    [  20: => gnu.emacs.gnus      ]
>   OA+        [  41: Merciadri Luca         ]
>   O +            [  21: => gnu.emacs.gnus      ]
>   O +                [  32: CHENG Gao              ]
>   O +                    [  47: Merciadri Luca         ]
>   O  [  57: Merciadri Luca         ] Re: Using ``^'' in Gnus
>   O      [  37: Pierfrancesco Caci     ]
>   O          [  51: Merciadri Luca         ]
>   O      <  23: Merciadri Luca         >
>   O  [  44: Merciadri Luca         ] Re: Reading mail, okay, but which way
> through?
>   O      <  26: Merciadri Luca         >
>   O          [  20: Byung-Hee HWANG        ]
>   O              [ 300: Merciadri Luca         ]
>   O                  [ 316: Merciadri Luca         ]
>   O                      [  21: CHENG Gao              ]
>   O                          [  30: Merciadri Luca         ]
>   O                              [  30: Merciadri Luca         ]
>
> As you can see, the threads are now sorted so the newest thread is at
> the top², as I expected.
>
> So, from my perspective, it works.
- From mine too, when looking at your output. Anyway, the threads are
not sorted this way on my Gnus. I do not think it would be a bug, but
I use the same lines as you.

Could you copy/paste the lisp code you put in your .gnus file to sort
threads this way? I put it in my .gnus file, you too?

> You say it doesn't work, so either a) you didn't get the same result
> (which would lead to one avenue of investigation, i.e. finding a bug in
> your setup or in Gnus), or b) you _expected_ something else (which would
> lead to a very different avenue of investigation: how did you get a
> different expectation; could the manual be improved - and how do you get
> what you expect?)

I answered above, and hope it is clear. Do not hesitate to tell me if
it is still unclear to you.

- --
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.