Re: Last messages are at the very bottom

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Last messages are at the very bottom
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 13:03:47 +0200

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 12:40:30 +0200, Merciadri wrote:

> From mine too, when looking at your output. Anyway, the threads are
> not sorted this way on my Gnus. I do not think it would be a bug, but
> I use the same lines as you.

> Could you copy/paste the lisp code you put in your .gnus file to sort
> threads this way? I put it in my .gnus file, you too?

I evaluated the *exact lines you posted* (i.e. I put the cursor after
the last parenthesis and pressed C-x C-e). I didn't put them anywhere, I
used yours!

You can inspect the value of a variable with C-h v - like so:

,----[ C-h v gnus-thread-sort-functions RET ]
| `gnus-thread-sort-functions' is a variable declared in Lisp.
|   -- loaded from "gnus-sum"
|
| Value: (gnus-thread-sort-by-number)
|
| Documentation:
[...]
`----

That way you can easily check if you have set the variable or not.

  Best regards,

--
 "There's such a glut of celebrities that they'll soon       Adam Sjøgren
  have to begin storing the surplus in silos in Iowa."   asjo@koldfront.dk