Re: spam2.el

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: spam2.el
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:04:22 +0200

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:31:31 -0500, Ted wrote:

> On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 23:24:04 +0200 asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:

> What parts of spam.el do you like?  How do you use it?

I use it like this:

 * Incoming email is sorted by using the crm114 mailfilter. Spam goes
   into nnml:spam, ham is split as usual.

 * If a spam isn't detected, I mark it with M-d and upon exit crm114
   unlearns the email and then learns it as spam and moves it to
   nnml:spam.

 * If a ham is misclassified and ends up in nnml:spam, I tick it (!) and
   it is unlearned and then learned as ham and then respooled according
   to my split rules.

My usage is very basic, I think. And old-school, I guess - I like nnml.

> What parts are too complicated?

I would expect something very close to how I use it to be the default
(it's exactly as e.g. Thunderbird does it?); ideally I would only have
to choose my preferred spam-filtering method and the rest ought to
default to the above.

But that's just me :-)

> What does it not do today but should?

Nothing, in my experience.

  Best regards,

     Adam

--
 "My internal clock is on Tokyo time."                        Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk