Re: spam2.el

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: spam2.el
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:18:03 +0200

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 21:10:12 +0300, Teemu wrote:

> It seems that currently it can't unregister messages after they have
> been (erroneously) registered as ham or spam.

(You can reregister them though).

> Adam's patch seems to implement this feature (thanks Adam!) but from
> user's point of view I'm not sure how it works. I think user
> wants/needs to understand when does it unregister a message and how
> does it decide when to unregister message as ham and when as spam.

If you set the variable I introduced, unregistering happens whenever
spam.el changes something from spam to ham, or from ham to spam before
it learns it again - as far as I can see (that is what happens on my
machine anyway).

Oh, and for filters that differentiate between unregistering spam and
ham, spam.el does the right thing.

I.e.:

 * An email is detected as spam, but you realize that it isn't. You mark
   it as ham. spam.el unregisters it from spam and relearns it as ham.

(And the other way around.)

  Best regards,

     Adam

--
 "My internal clock is on Tokyo time."                        Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk