Re: new subject

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: new subject
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 20:35:07 +0100

Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> writes:

> Is incal = Emanuel Berg?

Yes, I'm migrating to another computer, because I have
to physically "mount" my computer every day, so I
thought I'd get a really small and light one (but
still stationary), only I discovered the new one lacks
a hardware PMC which I need for some experiments, so
now I'm "mounting" back and forth between computers -
I guess some setting fell short: it shouldn't say
"incal" which is my hacker alias (don't tell
anyone)...

> What is wrong with `message-change-subject'?

Nothing, on the contrary, that is the right way,
however since it is such an easy thing to do which you
don't do that often, I suspect there are people who
did their own Elisp to do it, and people who just do
it manually, instead of finding out there is a builtin
way to do it.

> Initially, I just wanted to point you to
> `message-change-subject'

Yes, we understood :)

    (message-change-subject NEW-SUBJECT)

    Ask for NEW-SUBJECT header, append (was: <Old Subject>).

--
underground experts united