Re: alt-tab? really? you're joking...

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: alt-tab? really? you're joking...
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 20:48:32 +0100

> I don't even delete spam ...
>
> (If I miss a legitimate email that ended up in spam,
> and I need to find it later, I would hate to have
> deleted it... slight OCD/packrat, I suppose.)

There's that, which doesn't have to be a bad thing,
but also: if the mail doesn't show up anywhere, I
perceive them as virtually deleted.

If they are deleted they can still be retrieved, but
that would be uncertain and require work. Better to
know they are 100% "retrievable" and then still never
do it, anyway.

Many people form the Windows world want the Linux
(etc.) systems to be "clean", "minimalist", and so on.
This is a misconception, but I understand where it
comes from. On a Windows computer there are one
thousand things that runs in the so-called
"background" that pops up all the time, and drains
your computer of resources, and your mind of
mindfulness. However, this isn't the same as having
one thousand binaries in /usr/bin or ten thousand
mails as textfiles in ~/Mail/mail/misc - and while
removing those files will make your system less
*powerful*, it won't get any more clean or minimalist.

Just sayin' as an example, not applying to anyone in
particular.

--
underground experts united