Re: Mail layout and fonts

From: Elias Mårtenson
Subject: Re: Mail layout and fonts
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 21:24:26 +0800

On 15 April 2015 at 20:01, Adam Sjøgren <asjo@koldfront.dk> wrote:
Elias writes:

> It takes a bit of an effort to get to run properly, mainly because Emacs
> does not have a HTML parser

Newer Emacsen have, right? I think shr.el/eww.el uses libxml2 to do so,
"under the covers"?

Unfortunately, no. In order to be able to rewrite the content I need to parse the HTML into a DOM document, make changes to the structure and then write it out to HTML again. There is no Emacs package that can do this.

For example, one of the things I need to do is to be able to extract inline image attachments so that the image references can be properly rewritten in the newly formed message.

If an Emacs package to do HTML structural manipulation became available, I could get rid of the entire external program which would make the whole package a lot easier to install.