group splitting and gnus-secondary-select-methods

From: Christoph Groth
Subject: group splitting and gnus-secondary-select-methods
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 00:47:25 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to setup group mail splitting in a setup where I receive mail through multiple IMAP accounts that are configured through gnus-secondary-select-methods.

Simply setting gnus-secondary-select-methods in ~/.gnus, like with plain splitting, doesn't work, since at the time when ~/.gnus is executed (gnus-group-split-fancy) returns an empty split.

In order to solve this problem, I have defined a function my-set-secondary-select-methods and add it to one or multiple appropriate hooks. Is there a better alternative?

If not, what hooks should I add my function to? It seems to work with

(add-hook 'gnus-read-newsrc-el-hook 'my-set-secondary-select-methods) (add-hook 'gnus-get-new-news-hook 'my-set-secondary-select-methods)

Thanks for any hints,
Christoph