ipfc-developer

[Ipfc-developer] IPFC extensions

From: Glauber Reis
Subject: [Ipfc-developer] IPFC extensions
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:52:01 -0300 (ART)

I think,it's my humble opinion, IPFC should also
support remote configuration like when an XML-message
is delivered to the DR-Server the (new kind of)
wrapper ( the "
i-know-how-to-configure-localhost-services" kind)
could also verify if there is a "message" awating it,
then it would get the message, configure the necessary
files, restart the service and report back to the
"IPFC layer" if it was succeful or not (rolling back
if something went wrong). I think it would be
necessary to extend IPFC protocol itself and i think
there is no drawback at all since only the
"extended-wrapper" and the dr-server would be aware of
that new type of message. I dont think that creating
another MSS framework would be of any good, a
IPFC-protocol extension would be much better since the
IPFC framework itself is very good. This way, one can
tackle two problems, remotely monitoring security
applications and configuring them.
I am going to code a basic wrapper that would
understand some local-host-configuration extension,
not useful at all, just to see if it fits...
The extensions still need to be agreed upon (if they
are desired anyways).

What do you folks think?

Do you think of extending IPFC to a much broader
focus, i mean jumping from a MSS framework to a MS
framework?

Glauber Reis

Yahoo! Mail
O melhor e-mail gratuito da internet: 6MB de espaço, antivírus, acesso POP3,
filtro contra spam.
http://br.mail.yahoo.com/