jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] jk_lsh.ini -- Primary / Secondary groups

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] jk_lsh.ini -- Primary / Secondary groups
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 19:58:24 +0200

Scott Ruckh wrote:
I have a [DEFAULT] section and also a [group groupA] section in my
jk_lsh.ini file.

The group, groupA, is a secondary group for userA.

Unfortunately I still see the following in my messages log:

both the user userA and the group userA have no section in the configfile
/etc/jailkit/jk_lsh.ini

^^^ This statement is true  ^^^ BUT

If I have a [DEFAULT] section I would assume I would never see this error.
 Also, as I mentioned I have a [group groupA] section, which is a
secondary group for user userA.

Tha man page for jk_lsh makes it sound like the order of precedence is
user-->group-->DEFAULT-->ABORT.

the first thing is that you found a bug in the manpage: jailkit only looks for the primary group, not secondary groups. I just fixed that in cvs.

I also changed the log message, because that log message is shown if no user, no primary group and no DEFAULT section is found by jk_lsh. This fix is also in cvs.

but since you have a section DEFAULT, I wonder what your configfile looks like, could you post it to the list? perhaps there is a bug in the configfile parser?

regards,
        Olivier