japitools-list

[Japi] Re: [Fwd: Re: Interesting discoveries playing around with japitoo

From: David Gilbert
Subject: [Japi] Re: [Fwd: Re: Interesting discoveries playing around with japitools]
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 10:20:27 +0000

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

The only real issue that we had is license incompatibility, but I thought there was goodwill everywhere to work where we could.

Why don't we be honest and just admit that there is no goodwill between the projects? It was there, briefly, but now it is gone. There's no collaboration, there's no cooperation...just two separate projects implementing the same API. It is the way it is, and the world is moving on...but let's stop pretending.

Regards,

Dave Gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader

P.S. This is a personal opinion, but I'm happy to disclose that I'm an occasional contributor to the GNU Classpath project.