japitools-list

Re: [Japi] Re: [heads up] the importance of 'reversed' API completion

From: Stefano Mazzocchi
Subject: Re: [Japi] Re: [heads up] the importance of 'reversed' API completion
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:53:43 -0800

Stuart Ballard wrote:
> On 11/20/06, Stefano Mazzocchi <address@hidden> wrote:
>> *nice*!
>>
>> You should write that up in the documentation :-)
>
> I know, that's one of the main reasons that section of the website is
> still work in progress :)
>
> In the defense of my sucky documentation, support for @filename was
> only added a day before the release... I know that's no excuse tho.
>
>> > For a comparison done the "right" way see
>> > http://www.kaffe.org/~stuart/japi/htmlout/h-harmony-jdk15
>>
>> yes, you should always use Stuart's as the reference, I'm just trying
>> things out here so that I have better knowledge of the tools.
>
> Actually I've been meaning to ask, do you have something that provides
> Harmony binaries built on a regular basis? Currently for Classpath I
> Japize their class files myself, but I'm reliant on a third party
> source for Harmony japi files. Something officially provided by the
> project would be ideal of course, but I'd be quite happy with just
> being able to grab an url and get something containing Harmony's
> equivalent of rt.jar...

I'm still struggling with getting our buildtest system running fine
(Vladimir's patches might help me though, so I might get that fixed today).

If I do, I plan on exposing a packaged nightly build for x86_64 (japize
shouldn't care what platform the build is from, since it only works on
java bytecode)

I'll let you know when that is available.

--
Stefano.