jilc-dev

Re: [Jilc-dev] Docs : convertMethod ( not complete )

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [Jilc-dev] Docs : convertMethod ( not complete )
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 16:20:49 +0530

If memory serves me right, Abhaya Agarwal wrote:
> I am preparing docs that will help us convert java code to il code. I have
> tried to make these self sufficient so that we do not have to go to specs
> Method in cil :
> -----------------
> Following is the structure of a java method_info structure :
>
> method_info {
>         u2 access_flags;
        We have gone through all this in Pnet , I just need to reuse
the code there for this (since COPYING says "GPL"). Try out the
ildasm, it supports JVM code dumping similar to what jdasm does
right now.

        I think the point is the instruction map. I'm totally freaked
out by the IL instruction set. The stuff like tail calls and OVF,UN
etc confuse me. I would really like some docs on opcode mapping.
ie similar opcodes tagged.
--
The best things in life are for a fee.