jilc-dev

Re: [Jilc-dev] Docs : convertMethod ( not complete )

From: Abhaya Agarwal
Subject: Re: [Jilc-dev] Docs : convertMethod ( not complete )
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 12:31:01 +0530

then we need to do the stuff that I have proposed. Like if we have a method
as "Protected" in java then we will have to map that to appropriate access
modifier in il. Actually this seemed like only exhaustive way to find out any
and all things we need to do with bytecode in order to produce il code.
Also while doing this, I had the feeling that by emitting il code and again
assembling it, aren't we undoing a lot. I mean we have the compiled code then
we should try to directly convert it. We may use conversion to il as a
intermediate step while developing but in the final thing, I think direct
conversion will be much more efficient.
what do u say ?

abhaya