k-mib-ppc

Re: [K-mib-ppc] Compatibility : My G5

From: Roland Laurès
Subject: Re: [K-mib-ppc] Compatibility : My G5
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 09:28:21 +0200

Hi,
I try to boot on the cd of debian 30r0 and 30r1 and on the cd of knoppix-3.2_MIB-11b-ppc and I got a black screen after the first grey screen during 1/2 second and the grey screen with the apple appear and the PANTHER boot begin... I think about that and I remember that the G5 isn't Classic compatible, perhaps there something in this information that make the CD non-bootable on the G5 and recent PM G4 MDD...