k-mib-ppc

Re: [K-mib-ppc] Small and shell ppc iso

From: Roland Laurès
Subject: Re: [K-mib-ppc] Small and shell ppc iso
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 00:03:19 +0100

Le 10 nov. 03, à 22:39, Yves Combe a écrit :

Le Lundi 10 Novembre 2003 20:53, Yves Combe a écrit :
Hi,

Le Lundi 10 Novembre 2003 19:19, Roland Laurès a écrit :
For the G5, it doen't recognize it as a bootable CD…
I will redo an iso for you, with the yaboot dev version

You will find (in ten min) a BootTestPPC.iso of about 13M.
it's the same without the compressed fs.

Can you test if it boot? The 2 kernels?
If yes, you will finish at initrd end with a kernel panic. No matter.

It boots, but it stop when it tried to open display with the message (for the 2 kernels) :
... ok
opening display /address@hidden,f0000000/ATY,address@hidden/ATY,address@hidden

So I haven't the awaited kernel panic ;)