k-mib-ppc

Re: [K-mib-ppc] Small and shell ppc iso

From: Roland Laurès
Subject: Re: [K-mib-ppc] Small and shell ppc iso
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:55:49 +0100

Le Mardi 11 Novembre 2003 00:03, Roland Laurès a écrit :
It boots, but it stop when it tried to open display with the message
(for the 2 kernels) :
.... ok
opening display /address@hidden,f0000000/ATY,address@hidden/ATY,address@hidden

What is the exact model of the graphic card?

I send you what i found on the System profiler application:hardware:PCI/AGP cards :
<x-tad-smaller>ATY,RV350:

</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller> Type: display
Bus: AGP
Logement: SLOT-1
VRAM (totale): 64 Mo
Fabricant: ATI (0x1002)
ID du périphérique: 0x4150
Révision ID: 0x0000
Révision ROM: 113-A13601-120
</x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller>
</x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller>Affichage:

</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller> Type: display
Type de moniteur: LCD
VRAM (utilisée): 64 Mo
Résolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz
Profondeur: Couleurs 32 bits
Moniteur principal: Oui
Miroir: Désactivé
Connecté: Oui
</x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller>
</x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller>ATY,Simone_B:

</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller> État: Aucun moniteur connecté
</x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller>
When i see that, I think this could be because the kernel look for a screen on the ADC connector, and I connect my screen on the DVI connector… My card is an ATI 9600 Pro 64 Mo like you can see. I know that there was some troubles with the post R300 GPUs :/ (like with all cards ;)). I don't know if they (kernel radeonfb's developpers) can resolve these troubles.
I try to boot with the kernel argument video=ofonly, but it does the same white screen with the 2 lines I cot yesterday.
It does the same thing on the 2 kernels.</x-tad-smaller>