k-mib-ppc

Re: [K-mib-ppc] Re : Re : Debian on a BiG5

From: Roland Laurès
Subject: Re: [K-mib-ppc] Re : Re : Debian on a BiG5
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 07:44:02 +0100

Le 2 déc. 03, à 20:25, Yves Combe a écrit :

Le 2 déc. 03, à 11:21, Calum Selkirk a écrit :
Huummm sorry but there is a week ago, i compile the 2.6.0 test9 benh
kernel and enable the fans gestion :) and it works fine :) (i have a Bi
G5 too)
Perhaps you can enable it yves... in your kernel :).
i have enabled all for ppc970 (g5).
CONFIG_THERM_PM72=m
but i don't know the name of the module.

Ok I'll try to find it :)

you need radeonfb. In fact with the pre7 type dmesg | grep radeon to see if
that works. if yes fbdev should works.

Yeah i put the radeonfb on in the kernel but it doesn't work.

But the two don't seem to work...
hum. What's the matter with fbdev? If you have a console you have a
framebuffer. Did you put only OpenFirmware fb in your config?

Heu I send you all my config (in fact the config was made by xeasyconfig (under Gentoo)

Did you compile a cvs version?

No, i try The 4.3.0-r2 or 4.3.0-r3 I don't remember. In fact I download the 4.4 via CVS but I miss understand how work imake ... :/

I'm waiting for the XFree 4.4 release...
i will put a pre7 in my iso.

I test Pre7 as soon I can for my part.
Please do. I need your confirmation squashfs works now fine.

I do it and it work fine.

I'll all re-test to-night, (I have to go to school and i finish in 11h ... :'( ) and send you my config and the error message.
Bye
Regards