kawa-commonlisp-dev

Re: [Kawa-commonlisp-dev] [GSoC] Status

From: Charles Turner
Subject: Re: [Kawa-commonlisp-dev] [GSoC] Status
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 22:50:48 +0100

On 11 August 2012 22:23, Helmut Eller <address@hidden> wrote:
> OK, after I put (require class::|gnu.commonlisp.lisp.primitives|) at
> the beginning of defmacro.lisp it works, but without that I get this
> error:

That's required because of the defmacro problem, apologies, I thought
I'd pushed that to my repository, but it's still in my working copy.

> You mean exported in the module-export sense or exported from a package?

In the module-export sense. I'm manually populating packages for the
time being in CommonLisp. Actually I'm struggling to find what I read
that lead me to think this was an ANSI violation, might have confused
the locking of package common lisp with extraneous module-exports,
which are distinct.

>> There are no class loads (other than to get stuff
>> from Scheme) in CommonLisp anymore.
>>
>> Apologies if I've missed the gist of your concerns.
>
> Mostly I want to access all defined functions even those bound to
> non-exported symbols.

That was the old behaviour with the loadClass method. That is,
loadClass("gnu.commonlisp.lisp.primtiives");
loadClass("gnu.commonlisp.lisp.defmacro"); in CommonLisp.

I've updated my repository. I have uncommented the loadClass lines
CommonLisp, so that we don't have to explicitly require the library
classes. So you can access all defined symbols now, which I don't
think is right.

Charles.