kawa-commonlisp-dev

Re: [Kawa-commonlisp-dev] [GSoC] Status

From: Jamison Hope
Subject: Re: [Kawa-commonlisp-dev] [GSoC] Status
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 07:46:37 -0400

On Aug 11, 2012, at 5:57 PM, Charles Turner wrote:

Sorry Helmut, I think I finally see what you mean about the circular
dependency. Ideally DEFMACRO would be in defmacro.lisp using the
parse-defmacro stuff! :-)

I think his question was more about how we can loadClass(primitives)
in CommonLisp.java if CommonLisp already has to be up and running in
order to *compile* primitives.lisp.

That's (1) why the loadClass() statement is inside of a try/catch, as
it's expected to fail while compiling the compiler (that class does not
yet exist), and (2) why it's better to use the def*StFld() forms instead,
which are more like forward declarations -- they say where to find the
named procedure/macro/constant/whatever but don't actually load it until
something else attempts to access it.

I think.

-Jamie

--