kawa-commonlisp-dev

Re: [Kawa-commonlisp-dev] [GSoC] Status

From: Charles Turner
Subject: Re: [Kawa-commonlisp-dev] [GSoC] Status
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 18:59:51 +0100

Hi Jamison, think I'm almost there!

On 10 August 2012 03:57, Jamison Hope <address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't think it's actually causing that, I think it's just that with the
> other fix you're now getting far enough along in building to encounter
> this other unrelated problem.

Ah, makes sense.

> It looks like passing --module-static-run helps

Cool, I've got a bit further using that compile option, but I'm still stuck...

> defmacro.lisp:245:3: call to 'gentemp' has too many arguments (1; must be 0)
> make[2]: *** [clisp-classes.stamp] Error 255
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Sorry, that was me fiddling with calls to GENSYM, thought I'd replace
them with GENTEMP and see what happened. Changed it back to GENSYM and
the problem went away (obviously).

> Try adding --module-static-run to the Makefile and then retry your
> defSntxStFld changes.

So I appear to succeed with --module-static-run, but only if I compile
the two files separately, that is, instead of

$ ... -C primitives.lisp defmacro.lisp

I run

$ ... -C primitives.lisp
$ ... -C defmacro.lisp

For the case of them both on the same line, I receive this:

(compiling defmacro.lisp)
defmacro.lisp:244:1: exception loading 'COMMON-LISP:DEFMACRO' - no
such class: gnu.commonlisp.lisp.primitives
defmacro.lisp:256:1: exception loading 'COMMON-LISP:DEFMACRO' - no
such class: gnu.commonlisp.lisp.primitives
defmacro.lisp:599:1: exception loading 'COMMON-LISP:DEFMACRO' - no
such class: gnu.commonlisp.lisp.primitives

Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Given the Makefile setup of using clisp-classes.stamp, it seems like
such "all-at-once" compilation is the way to go, I'm not sure what the
best of way of changing it to build them one at a time is, though, and
whether I should actually do that...

Sidenote: When I change a Makefile, I run aclocal && automake &&
./configure ... This means that when I commit my working set, *lots*
of Makefile.in changes are sent to the repository. I don't recall ever
seeing this using Per's repository, and I'm sure Makefile's have
changed in the time I've been here, am I doing something wrong?

Charles.