kawa-commonlisp-dev

[Kawa-commonlisp-dev] GSoC Ending Soon

From: Jamison Hope
Subject: [Kawa-commonlisp-dev] GSoC Ending Soon
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 20:25:04 -0400

Charlie,

As I'm sure you're well aware, the summer is coming to an end.
Google's suggested "pencils down" date is tomorrow (it's still
Sunday for me right now) and the firm date is in a week on the
20th.

How do you think you're doing in terms of having a finished set
of work to show on that day? (We'd love to see you keep going,
of course, but the official grade has to be based upon what is
done by then.) I know we've diverged a bit from what was in your
original proposal, and that's OK -- you've uncovered a lot of
subtle problems with getting CL working that weren't apparent
when you wrote it.

I know you're eager to get real software work done and you keep
finding new stuff to do every time you finish a piece, but this
week you should probably put new development on hold and finish
up documenting what you've completed.

The following week you can go back to hacking, just without
monetary compensation. ;-)

--
Jamison Hope
The PTR Group