koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] biblio term

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] biblio term
Date: Tue Jan 14 02:14:02 2003

Benedict a écrit:

Hi all,
I have found the term "biblio" ambivalent in many situations. It is used as a noun, adjective . In some places it has different connotations.
MARC biblios....and MARC records.

In fact I think that biblios and records seem to be the same in the above set. Why don't we then agree to just one word..? But in other places....they are different. My proposal to the authors of the template files is to revise the meaning of biblio. Or.......... if I miss the point, could someone explicate the veriety of the meanings of the term, please..?

In my code, I use to say "MARC biblio" when it refers to a biblio, in MARC format. Consider there are also old-DB biblios, that are biblios in old-DB format.
I use to say "MARC record" when I speak of a MARC::Record variable.

In user-koha, we should never see MARC record, only "biblios".

It's 1 o'clock AM here in Szczecin right now and I may be wrong on this....
Benedict
--
Paul POULAIN