koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] HTML files

From: Rachel Hamilton-Williams
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] HTML files
Date: Tue Jan 21 12:27:04 2003

Hi

> The main thing is that it croaks on the HTML::Tidy tags, even when configuring
> it to accept these tags. The solution to this would be to re-write these tags
> as

Is that HTML::Template tags?

>  <!-- TMPL_VAR NAME='blargh' -->
>
> rather than
>
>  <TMPL_VAR NAME="BLARGH">
>
> ...this will also produce well-formed HTML which (to me at least) seems like a
> good idea.

I've no idea if you can do that - I'd assume that it wouldn't work - that
html::template wouldn't parse it properly?  But perhaps someone else can help
with that.

> Another issue is when using non-ascii characters I'd prefer to use entities
> like
> "&egrave;" rather then "&#232;" but am not sure what the general consensus on
> this is.

Personally I think it's a good idea - but the people translating are perhaps in
a better position to know?

> Also, the tidy program seems to do a nice job of converting style-type tags
> into
> style properties/CSS - is this desireable?

How "style type"?

IF you mean font tags beign converted to <h1> etc tags then great

I suspect we're not ready for positioning Div tags - or we will need to start
having different template sets for different browsers

cheers

Rachel Hamilton-Williams             Katipo Communications
WEBMISTRESS                          ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:address@hidden           PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz              New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org