koha-devel

RE: [Koha-devel] Re: HTML files Summary: Expires:

From: Patrick Quinn-Graham
Subject: RE: [Koha-devel] Re: HTML files Summary: Expires:
Date: Tue Jan 21 23:02:02 2003

news-to-
> mail gateway
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: [Koha-devel] Re: HTML files Summary: Expires:
>
> I.e., if HTML tidy does not actually go too far (i.e., it
> preserves B, U, H1, etc.), the resulting HTML+CSS pages will
> automatically degrade gracefully, and we won't need to split the
> templates into "graphical" and "text" versions unless we really
> want to.

Of course, really we should be using <em> and <strong>...

I've done a couple of sites in only CSS type thing, and it's easy enough
to do, and isn't hard to degrade nicely. In any case, text browsers
won't do <i>, which is generally more valuable (than, say U).

--
My 3.7c. (I'll stay outside the box, thank you.)
Patrick.