koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Re: I might be able to help

From: Ambrose Li <address@hidden> via forwarder
Subject: [Koha-devel] Re: I might be able to help
Date: Tue Jan 28 14:46:08 2003

Hi,

In article <address@hidden>,
Andrew Arensburger <address@hidden> wrote:

>       Just a suggestion (and possibly a stupid one), but ISTM
>that it would be nice if there were script-fu scripts for the
>buttons and other images with text in them.

this is a good suggestion, and probably doable for certain
charsets (perhaps all the latin languages).  For some charsets
the baseline may need to be adjusted manually, or a different
font/font size will need to be used, so this cannot be
completely automated.

However, for the *-top.inc menu that Paul took out from the
French translation, I do intend to write some script-fu (perhaps
plus some Perl glue) some time; it would be unthinkable to
manually generate 30 almost-identical gif files from xcf, esp.
when layers need to be moved several times for every file being
generated. Even if it is not possible to completely automate
this process, it must at least be semi-automated. :-)

The only problem with script-fu is that it seems to change with
the gimp version. (My script-fu scripts broke when I upgraded
from gimp 1.0 to 1.2, some long time ago. So when gimp 1.4 comes
out, they will probably break again...) So perhaps we need to
(also?) document how the gif files were generated.

--
Ambrose LI Cheuk-Wing  <address@hidden>