koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Re: version 1.9.0 delayed

From: Ambrose Li <address@hidden> via forwarder
Subject: [Koha-devel] Re: version 1.9.0 delayed
Date: Fri Jan 31 17:51:02 2003

Hi,

In article <address@hidden>,
Benedict <address@hidden> wrote:

>Now, before the new version is released one question bothers
>me: is the thingy about iso8859-1 charset hardcoded in perl
>modules fixed?

it is in the process of being fixed, but the mechanism of fixing
it is in place. Sorry that I haven't gone through all the
scripts and modules yet.

>I managed to install koha finally with midiocre success but at
>least I could see the polish version in action. It appears that
>Galeon is the only browser that will force iso8859-2 even if
>told by apache not to do so... .Other browser will always show
>wrong charset in polish version of koha. I did not try that out
>in a network, only locally in Redhat 8.0.

How did you test it without a network? Most of the files use
TMPL_INCLUDE and aren't even semi-valid HTML without going
through a web server. In order to test the charset fix you
*must* use a network (or some other way to run CGI scripts
without using a network, e.g., using such functionality in
the w3m-m17n browser). (BTW, connecting to Apache running on
localhost counts as using a network.)

--
Ambrose LI Cheuk-Wing  <address@hidden>