koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Question about Acquisitions and 'Biblios in koha'

From: Stephen Hedges
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Question about Acquisitions and 'Biblios in koha'
Date: Thu Apr 29 16:43:07 2004

T & J Kotula said:
> Why is it when I hit 'Go' in .../acqui.simple/addbooks.pl (after typing in
> an ISBN) I never get any biblios listed in the "Biblios in koha" table,
> even
> though the biblio with that ISBN is in the bibioitems table. However it
> works fine when I type in the title.

Tomasz, are you working with imported MARC records?  Some of them may have
extra stuff in the ISBN tag -- like "1234567890 (pa.)" to indicate a
paperback edition.  (Which seems to me to violate the concept of a
tracking 'number' and get it confused with information that should be in a
note, if anywhere -- sorry, just one of my complaints about the sad state
of MARC cataloging.)  At any rate, such extra garbage will confuse the
Koha ISBN search.  I customized Nelsonville's import script to strip most
of that stuff when the MARC records are loaded.

> Looks like a bug to me. Am I missing something? I'm running Koha2.0.0.
>
> PS. My Koha.biblio table does not contain ISBN column.

No, the ISBN column is in the biblioitems table.

--
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA