koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] major commit in circulation module CVS/HEAD

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] major commit in circulation module CVS/HEAD
Date: Fri Apr 30 03:33:03 2004

On 2004-04-30 10:29:52 +0100 paul POULAIN <address@hidden> wrote:

commit impossible. SF says :
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@ WARNING: POSSIBLE DNS SPOOFING DETECTED! @

I am bored of sourceforge's CVS holding up my work, too. All thanks to them for the services they have given us, but I think it really is time to move to GNU Arch. It is distributed, so we can still have the benefit of local revision control, even when network problems prevent us merging our work.

I am happy to do and document a trial import of koha 2.0 branch into an Arch (probably tla, as I'm not sure what else is fully working yet), if you think it would help?

Generally, I think service distribution is a great idea for projects like koha which have developers spread around the world. It allows us to communicate quickly with people who are closer to us and if a node dies, we don't lose everything (sadly MTBF is lowered, but that's the payoff... occasional small disruptions vs less probable catastrophic failure). I have a distributed email list server, but I'm still working the kinks out of it.

--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.