koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Field Display now Dynamically Updated in 2.2?

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Field Display now Dynamically Updated in 2.2?
Date: Wed Feb 23 08:11:43 2005

Bruffey, Mark a écrit :
Hi!
Although Stephen's fine migration doc indicates that field mappings should be made prior to MARC record import, it appears that this is no longer necessary. Am I correct in this idea?

Yes, you are right.

For instance, I enabled field 852p, which is the location of our barcode, and it appeared instantly in the MARC cataloging interface. Also, if the patron selects "complete" it appears that it will "instantly" show up there, too. Am I correct?

In fact, bulkmarcimport.pl does not drop "ignore" fields during import. It's not a bug, it's a feature (and you discovered where it is useful ;-) )

--
Paul POULAIN