Re: The idea of an own L4

From: ness
Subject: Re: The idea of an own L4
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 16:46:02 +0200

_why?_
- the dresden/karlsruhe guys don't really care about what we need/assume
  is needed
- the dresden/karlsruhe guys don't give us access to development sources
  and we dunno when an upcoming L4 will be released (we even don't know
  whether this would solve our problems)

This needs some clarification. Some people understand that as the dresden/karlsruhe guys are unfair/don't want to help us. But there are basically two problems. On the one hand side, they're working on a university. So sometimes they _can't_ help us (e.g. give us dev source as one is writing his/her thesis). On the one hand side, we have different goals. We want a kernel that matches our needs in a pretty way. They basically want research. This doesn't meet, always.