Re: Let's do some coding :-)

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Let's do some coding :-)
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:37:45 +0200

   > Then it shouldn't be a GNU project.  The Hurd is the kernel of
   > the GNU system, not a new fangled operating system that can't run
   > any programs from the GNU project.

   If this is a formal complaint, you are directing it at the wrong
   people.

It isn't.  Notice the _THEN_ statement.  I'll clarify it for you: _IF_
the goal of Hurd/L4 is to dump support for all current GNU projects,
_THEN_ Hurd/L4 shouldn't be a GNU project.  Now, if you say that this
is the goal of Hurd/L4, creating a operating system that can't run GNU
programs, then I'll happily file a complaint.  So is it the goal?

   It's not surprising, as you have a tendency to say the wrong things
   in the wrong channels.

This is the correct channel, and it is the correct thing to say.  That
you dislike it, is really not my problem.  People on this list wish to
ditch lots of code for various stupid reasons, there is no more
appropriate place to raise that this is wrong than on this list.